Friday, April 9, 2010

vintage Motels?

Are there any good vintage mom and pop motels in Rapid city that are run well? I want to stay in the old fashion type of motel like I did as a kid, one night only, any suggestions





thanks Yoshi%26#39;s dad



vintage Motels?


Not in Rapid City, more like Keystone I think, but we stayed at Harney Camp Cabins probably 16 years ago. From the website it looks about the same. Pretty rustic but actually we had a lot of fun there.



vintage Motels?


I read your post yesterday and I couldn%26#39;t think of any old-time motels in Rapid City, then I drove by some last night and realized there are many.





I can%26#39;t verify that any are well run.





East North Street has several, but the area isn%26#39;t good and many function as transient housing. Colonial Motel, Coral Motel, Time Inn.





Sturgis Road-- Family Inn. This is near my home and I have considered using it for family visit overflow, haven%26#39;t though.





Also some on Mount Rushmore Road, the only name I could find was Knights Inn.





Canyon Lake Resort on Shore Dr (right on Canyon Lake in city limits). This is a really nice area by a beautiful park, though I have heard the older cabins were going to be torn down.





Good luck with your trip.




Thanks I booked for 3 nights at Rocket Motel. thanks for the info, I am glad I didn%26#39;t book in a transient hotel ;)





Yoshi%26#39;s dad



No comments:

Post a Comment