Sunday, April 4, 2010

Activities in Brookings in May

My spouse is running the Brookings marathon Sat. May 16. This gives me about four hours to entertain our 4 and 8 year old in the Brookings area. What to do? The kids are not museum friendly - any good playgrounds? I need ideas for both rainy and sunny conditions. We plan to see all the Laura Ingalls Wilder stuff (that%26#39;s open) later. Please help!



Activities in Brookings in May


Hillcrest Park on 6th street has a good playground as I recall.





Hopefully another poster will be along with more ideas.



Activities in Brookings in May


McCrory Gardens is free and, while not necessarily made for kids, it%26#39;s outside and there%26#39;s not much they can damage if you keep them off the flower beds. I%26#39;ve taken my preschool boys there and it went fairly smoothly. The last time I was there was Memorial Day Weekend a couple of years ago. They needed to do some weeding and some of the flower beds were empty, but it was still OK. There%26#39;s a little maze that the kids like.





There%26#39;s not much else to do in Brookings if you can%26#39;t do the art museum, so consider it a way to kill time without hurting your wallet.


  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment