Friday, April 2, 2010

Lodging for 2 adults and 5 kids

We are planning a trip to the Black Hills area in July for 3 days. I have searched the hotels and cabin rental sites. I%26#39;m looking for advice on where to stay without breaking the budget. The children range from 7 to 13.( 3 can sleep in a queen ) Any suggestions?



Lodging for 2 adults and 5 kids


We like the K Bar S Lodge which offers a free breakfast but may be more than you want to pay. Check some of the chain hotels like Comfort inn in Custer or Hill City.



Lodging for 2 adults and 5 kids


I%26#39;m not sure what your budget is, but there are many chain hotels from Super 8%26#39;s to Comfort Inns to Holiday Inns in the 3 main towns--Keystone, Hill City, and Custer. You will also find the chains in Rapid City, but Rapid doesn%26#39;t have the feel/charm of the smaller towns.





I remember seeing a Super 8 in Keystone. I have personal experience at the Roosevelt Inn also in Keystone. They have family suites and internet rates. Their website is rosyinn.com. I%26#39;m not sure their current rates, but I imagine their family suites may be more than you want to spend, but they are very roomy and include 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. Roosevelt also has an on-site pizzeria (excellent!), family game room, and indoor pool.





Have fun!




Thanks for the reply%26#39;s. I looked at both places. We finally made reservations at the Powder House. It seems to be what we need and the rates were very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment