Sunday, April 4, 2010

Smoking

Unfortunately I smoke and will be going to South Dakota in August 2009. Are there any places that will let you smoke on their deck if staying at a cabin? Also, are there any places with outside pools? Only 2 people and we will arrive on August 10th AFTER the Sturgis rally.





Smoking


As a fellow smoker I will tell you my experience.



Last August we went to Mt Rushmore. We drove KC to Rapid City. I don%26#39;t smoke in my car and so relied on rest stops to get my fix. There were several rest stops on I-90 that do not allow smoking.



After arriving in Keystone, I found that almost all the motels there have smoking rooms, but all of them were already taken by Sturgis people staying after the rally. You can smoke outside your room though.



You can smoke inside the Red Garter Saloon, which is family friendly, and out on the boardwalks.



At Mt Rushmore, they have several smoking areas outside the restaurant on the patio.



We stayed in a hotel so I cannot vouch for any smoking rules if you book a cabin.



By the way, when is the Sturgis Rally this year. I was under the impression that is was later in August. We prefer going after the rally, lots of sales (-:



Smoking


Thank you for the information. I understand the rally is ending August 9th and we will arrive August 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment