Friday, April 9, 2010

YMT tours

Has anyone traveled with YMT tours. they have a 14 day bus trip to the Canadian Rockies. I never heard of the company. I appreciate some info on them if anyone has some. Thanks





YMT tours


Never heard of YMT, they could be fine, there are many tour companies that have been doing a version of the tour you are talking about for decades.





I have personally talked with thousands of people that have completed these type of tours as my company provides some of their airport transfers before/after their tours.





In my educated opinion:





Tauck world discovery, the cadillac of tour comanies.





Tauck Bridges (family tour, younger crowd with some kids)





Tauck is more expensive than other tour companies allthough I no longer provide their airport transfers(they now use the hotel shuttle) I%26#39;ve never heard a negitive comment abour their tours and I always asked.It almost got to be a challenge to find someone with a negative comment but it never happened.





Globus: less money, good tour with experienced guides but cheaper accomaidations etc.





If you ar including the Black Hills, Look into



Archers/Cosmos: They fly into Denver, Stay in Keystone the first night. this is the only one that I know of that offers a Custer State Park Excursion, very popular, Includes Needels Highway, Custer state park, bufallo and other wildlife.





IMO find one that has been in the business the longest that is in your price range. May of these tour guides have been doing the same tours for decades and are very good at it.





There are many copycat companies that come and go with less experience.





Good Luck!



YMT tours


YMT Young Man Tour vacations. Not so young. I took along my family and friends to the inside passage 7 day cruise and 7 day bus trip through the North West Passage route. There was no one younger than 80! What a 7 day bus trip. They had this unwritten rule that every, every time the bus stopped when you got back on you had to move up a seat. In this way, you were able to look out of the bus a different vantage point. Since my group was sitting accross from each other we did not want to move and offered the elders to jump ahead of us. NO WAY! One passenger wanted to punch me in the mouth!




YMT is trouble - stay away from them. I have had a terrible experience with them - gave a deposit for a trip - received no confirmation of my deposit - called and called and finally was told they had cancelled our trip because the despot information was not noted - they advised the cruise was now full and they couldn%26#39;t get us back on and would not return the deposit - offered us an upgrade with a similar cruise 2 weeks later - we accepted - and then they advised they were unsbale to provide thta trip and still will nto return our $500 U.S. deposit. Don%26#39;t trust them!!!




Caravan has a nice tour from Rapid City SD to Salt Lake City and I am planning to take it this year after looking at it for 3-4 years. Only $995 for 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment