Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What time to leave?

OK A week from today we hope to be arriving in Custer State Park this afternoon. We are staying at Grace Coolidge Campground. My daughter is signed up for the 10AM Jr Paleontologist Program at the Mammoth Site on the 20th. We like to get there for a tour and 9AM and also drive through most of the wildlife loop on the way there. What time would you suggest to leave our campsite? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and I can%26#39;t wait. Rhonda



What time to leave?


Ok..just so I am clear, you want to arrive at the Mammoth Site at 9 a.m., right? Your daughter%26#39;s Jr Program is at 10, but you want to tour before the program..I think I am understanding you correctly.





Your campground is an hour from the Mammoth Site, and this is not counting your time on the Wildlife Loop. Your campground is also close to the State Game Lodge, which is right at the beginning of the loop. Depending on how much you like taking pictures..(my weakness..Walmart photo loves me!), I%26#39;d give the loop at least an hour of your time. If it were me, I%26#39;d leave no later than 7 a.m. This way, you can catch the animals early when they are more active.





I remember some of your earlier posts. Your trip has come up quickly! Please post a report when you return! We%26#39;d love to hear of your travels.





Have a great time!



What time to leave?


You are correct that is our plan. Thanks for all the info. We are also going to Yellowstone and the Teton%26#39;s and will see lots of animals there also. I will post something. Thanks Again, Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment