Tuesday, March 30, 2010

advance reservations necessary?

I will be staying in Custer, camping for one week the last week of July, leaving just before the motorcycle rally starts. I want to do all the regular sight seeing including mt rushmore, crazy horse, custer state park and jewel cave tour. Do I need advance reservations for anything, or can I decide when I get there? I will have a cell phone with me and could phone a couple of days ahead as I will be there a full week. Campground is already booked. Also, i will have my dogs with me? Any regulations with bringing dogs to Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore, etc?





Will be heading to Yellowstone after this? If anyone has done this pulling a trailer, please let me know which would be the best route to take. Will be camping in West Yellowstone for 1 week and have planned 2 driving days (1 night) to drive between Custer and West Yellowstone. Is this enough time?





Thanks for all your help.





advance reservations necessary?


I would suggest making advance reservations for your Jewel Cave tour. There are few surface activities here, so you could have to wait up to 2 hours for a tour if you don%26#39;t time it right. I%26#39;m sure a day or so in advance would be fine.





I%26#39;m not sure on the dog policies in either place. You might be able to find out on the websites for both parks.





Have a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment